Monday, October 09, 2006

The masses have spoken

Concert Review Part Deux ain't gonna happen!

It has become quite evident that concert reviews are not preferred reading for the upper crust readers of Me-Log. That works for me! The pictures look like I was standing about 2 inches from a 500 watt light bulb when it exploded. Needless to say, the light show was incredible! Whoops, that might have crossed the line into a review again. Sorry! The point is, one can't expect to take Rolling Stone Magazine worthy pics with a cell phone.

Moving on...I've decided that one of the things I'm going to use Me-Log for is to preview upcoming media that will be used in our services at FBC. This Sunday we will be starting the 6 week journey, "40 Days of Community". This will also be our new pastor, Darrell Bridges, first Sunday at the helm. The sense of anticipation couldn't get much stronger. Wow, that was dramatic! In all sincerity, being at FBC during these days really is an exciting thing. What's God going to do next...how many lives will be changed...how many lives are being changed...how many lives have been changed? You get the idea. Fast times at FBC! Or was that Ridgemont High?

So, this Sunday we're beginning to pull out all the stops to fully communicate this thing called real community. One of the things we will be doing is a drama to a song by Leeland. Without going into too much detail I wanted to show you the video that will be running during the drama. I'm only able to post up to 5 minutes using video egg. That could be a good thing though. The video changes a bit at the very end. Guess you'll have to make sure you're there to see it. For those faithful Me-Log subscribers in Thailand...I'll fill you in later.

Lights, Camera...?


Anyone recognize the streets? By the way, it's supposed to look like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Wow - did you make the video yourself? If so, wow - and if not, wow! I'm so excited about God moving in your church!!! Praise His Holy name and I can't wait to meet your new pastor! He is blessed!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Great song, the more I hear from Leeland, the more sure I'm going to get their cd, especially since I saw it at the store the other day!! Kinda bummed you left us hangin', but can't wait to see the end this weekend. c-ya :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Yeah, Annette, Mark made it. Isn't he amazingly artsy-fartsy?

I can't wait to see the whole thing on Sunday!I'm sorry that you and all those people in Thailand won't get to see the rest of it...

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home