Monday, March 26, 2007

Airvangelism

Yesterday was amazing! His name is Tom. I met him on one of my many plane excursions. We had some great conversation about music & somehow that led to his visit to Chicago. He's from Houston (I lived in Houston for 5 years), but was visiting some friends in Chicago for what amounted to a weekend of partying. He was also reading a book that I was actually familiar with. It's a book called "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas". They made a movie out of it a few years back. It's essentially an autobiography of a man on one long drug trip.

Then, the big question came. So what do you do? Oh man, things were going so well. Nine times out of ten, with guys like Tom, when I bring out the church card, the conversation turns a decidedly different direction...DEAD! However, by the grace of God, IT DIDN'T! I couldn't believe it, he continued dropping the F-bomb & every other four letter word in the book. I knew this conversation was not over. I don't know if it was our music connection, or just the fact that I didn't seem to look down on him. As far as he could tell, I was just another guy to hang out with. Except for the fact that I didn't drop the F-bomb & he was forced to sit next to me.

Anyway, Jesus was very comfortably weaved into the conversation on several levels. Yes, I did say comfortably. Should it really be like root canal surgery to share Christ? Everyone has a story. All in all I gotta say, for a day that consisted of running around ( and I do mean running) to catch three different planes, my divine intervention with Tom made it all worthwhile. Pray for him & for the Tom's of this world to find themselves forced to sit next to you. Whatever it takes!

Here's to Tom!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Spring said...

What!?! We're definatley going to need more details. That's awesome, though!

3:39 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Yeah, and it brings up another question. Does your condo have wifi and, if so, why haven't you emailed me?

I may not return your dog!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

Cool! Its no coincidence that you blogged about sharing God with others on Sunday and sat next to Tom on Monday and shared Jesus with him in a comfortable conversation. God is working his greatness through people like you Mark-Awesome!!!!!!!!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Stephanie, God wants to use you too. NO FEAR!! Everyone has a story. JUST ASK!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well, Kathy, he was only talking about sharing Jesus, not Mendi. ha, ha!

11:01 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

But it worked! He emailed me!

I think he really loves that dog...

12:42 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Hey, it's past my bedtime Thurs. night, but I finally got the Wednesday night blog summary ready to be linked to. Had some trouble, but worked it out.

Be sure to link to Wednesday, not Thursday. On Thursday's entry I'm just chasing rabbits on one thought from the lesson.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home