Sunday, June 25, 2006

Community?

I was reading my friend Shaun's blog the other day (shlog.com), when I came across this interesting notion:

"no website should ever be made again that isn't a conversation. Comments. Message boards. Questions for visitors. File trading. Linking. Interacting with each other on-line seems to be what we want. Better, it seems to benefit us all more than reading a digital pamphlet posing as an on-line presence. Boring."

I love that idea! You know, the one where we're all here to lean on, as well as, lift up each other. Our culture has gotten more and more about pixels than about people. So, if you're gonna read blogs, websites, yada yada yada...put your two cents in! Join the blogosphere & get your God given brain out there. As I heard the other day, if you're going to dive into this techno-culture "put down the flippin vidja game" & do something!

CIAO!

1 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Well, I agree 100% but I was talking to someone last night who didn't respond to your last entry because he didn't quite know what to make of the whole Rasputin thing, which is exactly why MY only comment was "I'm speechless." (I really WAS!)

I know that God-given creativity oozes out of every pore of your body, and I love that about you. It really WAS interesting, and I'm glad you're going to stretch us and challenge us to think a little more deeply.

I loved how you lightened up the moment with the video, by the way. It's very catchy and I'm enjoying it, much more since your lovely wife gave me some background on her past relationship with disco.

You know I love you dearly and I love to read your blog. Keep it up!!!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home