Thursday, June 14, 2007

I've discovered something!

I ENJOY TOO MANY THINGS!!

Blogging, for instance. I loved getting started with this about a year ago. I loved designing the site, creative writing, teaching, yada, yada, yada. Now, like many things, it has become one more thing...that I enjoy doing...but have trouble juggling with the other things I love.

So, here's the deal, in an effort to balance all of my loves (i.e. my wife, kids, songwriting, recording those songs, videography, photography, blogging, etc...etc...), I will continue to blog, but not quite as often. Honestly, I see this becoming primarily a teaching tool, with bits of my other passions thrown in.

Speaking of other things that are thrown in. I've added a new band & book to my sidebar. Check them out. Your best bet to stay in tune to Me-Log is to subscribe. That way, as frequent (or infrequent) as I post, you will get an e-mailed version of the post that will direct you to the site.

Before I sign off for today, I do want to share with you what my small group talked about last night. Like last semester, we are still studying the mystery of worship. Only this time, we are diving a little deeper into the personal aspect of it. As many of you know, Romans 12:1 is my favorite, or some may call it, my life verse. Let's look at it:

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices,
holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship."

I love this verse!! Let's start at the beginning. What does it mean..."in view of God's mercy"? More simply put, what is mercy? We concluded that it was simply getting what we don't deserve, as well as not getting what we do deserve. The Word says that our acts are as filthy rags. If that's so, we deserve the trash heap! Although, due to God's mercy, we don't get it. In fact, we get the opposite...ETERNAL LIFE!! What does that speak to you?? I'll tell you what it says to me. It screams I LOVE YOU!

Let's go a bit further. Why does it tell us to offer our bodies? Why not our hearts? I think we can all agree that our flesh is what consistently gets us into trouble. We HAVE to give that flesh over to Christ's will for us. Also, the body encompasses the heart & soul. The way I see it, it's a package deal.

"Holy and pleasing to God". WOW! Isn't that what worship is truly about...pleasing our heavenly father. Worship should be our response to our loving, giving, merciful Creator. THANK YOU DADDY!

It ends with this statement..."This is your spiritual act of worship". Not, this might be, but THIS IS! We are commanded to live our lives in this way. So, here's my challenge to you. When it gets difficult, when you think you can't go any further, funnel your worship through His mercy. What more could He give for you? NOTHING! He deserves what we can offer him.

I concur with Paul as he stated, "I urge you brothers". It's of ETERNAL importance.

BLESSINGS!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Your last post was April 12, and now you're going to blog LESS OFTEN?!

Good idea to subscribe--or put you on Google Reader like I did.

You're wise to know when to throw yourself into stuff and when to let up on stuff, though. I commend you.

For me, blogging is probably just another compulsion--which YOU introduced me to, by the way! Thanks a lot, buddy!

No, those of us who are less creative than you need SOME kind of an outlet, too.
So seriously, thank you!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home