Friday, June 30, 2006

We're Rich!!

Yesterday, for one brief shining moment, my wife & I were thousandaires (I love making up words). We made the decision a few months back that it was time to stop being a slave to money. So, we put the house on the market and through caution to the wind. We had nothing to lose & everything to gain. As of yesterday at 4:00, we sold the house, bought another less expensive one, and this morning paid off $18,000.00 of debt. For the first time in almost 11 years, we are out of debt! I can't really explain the emotions. All I know is that through obedience to God, I AM FREE!!!!! If you are feeling the same bondage that we were feeling, join us & check out Financial Peace University. YOU TOO CAN BE FREE!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you who in one way or another helped us get to this day!

4 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

DID YOU RUN?

How cool to have friends who truly understand the freedom of simplicity!

Now you'll "owe no man anything except for the debt of love," and you were already good at that!

CONGRATULATIONS!

2:27 PM  
Blogger laurajo said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!
I took the class and started out doing really well, but we haven't stuck to our budget for more than 3 months at a time. It really does make a difference.

8:58 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

At the beginning of the recent Beth Moore conference, she told us all to get out a piece of money, some kind of currency, and hold it in our hands. Then she said, "You are holding the idol of America."

Then she said we THINK it's security, but our only REAL security is in God.

I thought that was interesting.
-----------------------------------

Hey, hurry up and blog so I'll know you made it safely to Texas!

5:33 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Never mind! Your lovely nameless wife said you're there and hooked up with Dillon. I'm glad. Have a great time!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home