Tuesday, July 04, 2006

IWI #4

Hello fellow blogoites! Once again, I love making up new words! Yesterday was incredible!! Here's the quick lowdown. Diane spent all morning at her keyboard master class. Thanks again Jeanine, for the keyboard. In Diane's own words, it was very "stimulating". I can attest to the fact that she was overjoyed at the knowledge that was poured generously into her. I think her brain was hurting. At this very moment, she is playing a song that Spring wrote. I'm blown away at what God is doing among this team! Dillon went to the School of Audio again today. We didn't see him much, but he said the classes have been really helpful. God is truly moving in his life this week. Kathy & Becky arrived today. It was really good to finally get the whole team here!

As you will begin to notice, the posts are likely to begin getting shorter. The fact is, it's CRAZY busy here & I'm running out of time. Keep checking it out though. I will post something, even if it's not much.

The bottom line is, God is REALLY pouring into us. The IWI is a week that can leave you a bit overloaded. It's so intense & you receive sooooo much information. Last night, the Parachute Band from New Zealand led us in worship. That was cool for me because they were one of the bands that I had the privilege of working with when I was at Word International in Nashvegas. Unfortunately, I don't get free cd's anymore. Can you believe they actually made me buy them??!! Lamar taught us again on singing to the Lord a "New Song". There are so many scripture verses that talk about this "new song". I have a lot that I want to share on this subject, but unfortunately I don't have time. Be looking, it will come back later. However, I will say this. The "new song" is not the planned, rehearsed song. It's a song that comes from deep within us. It is Holy Spirit led & is a song that is from the core of us to the core of God.

I'll leave you with this. Lamar said something that really stuck with me last night. He said; "Earth songs (planned & rehearsed songs) are good & get us started down the runway, but the Spirit song ("new song") gives us lift off".

What is your "new song"?

Are you afraid to sing it?

Remember, less fear equals more freedom!

1 Comments:

Blogger laurajo said...

I cannot believe the talent that our creative arts department has been blessed with. Spring has a beautiful voice and a talent for writing. We are so blessed to have her. I am glad that she is getting to be a part of IWI.
I start to feel very jealous that I did not get to go, and then I remember that I am spending valuable time with my rapidly growing daughter and I realize that I am happy right were I am.
However, I have been spending time during her naps to teach myself how to read music. I can almost pick out the alto part of "With Every Chance" on my keyboard. Maybe I will start being able to rely on myself to find my part instead of always standing by Spring.
I love you guys and hope that you are enjoying every second of IWI.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home