Thursday, June 28, 2007

Texas or BUST!


This Sunday we're off on our annual trek to the International Worship Institute in Dallas Texas. Home Sweet Home. Once a Texan, always a Texan...long live the republic!

Anyway, keep posted into the blog. I will hopefully be breaking my typical weekly post as of late & blogging a tad more frequent. I will also be posting pics of the week. Not sure yet if I will create a separate blog like last year (in the sidebar) or just post them into this blog. I might even set up a flickr account to post them to.

If you know me, you know that this is one of my favorite weeks of the year. And, this year, I get to share this wonderful experience with 11 of my friends...one being my lovely wife Lisa. However, I can't help but think about what's going on right here in our own little community of Clarksville. Many of you may know, that this year's annual gathering of the "Rainbow Family" is scheduled for next week just north of Clarksville in Fallsville. Part of me, honestly, would like to venture north to see what all the hubub is about. Mainly for two reasons...1. I'm pretty sure my brother is part of the "family", &...2. I'm sick of how my fellow Christians are reacting to this group entering our holy bubble!

Sorry for the outburst, but really. Let's remember the silly little bracelet bandwagon that all of us Christians jumped on a few years back. You know, WWJD...What Would Jesus Do? The God I serve & His Word that I read says:

"But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

When are we going to stop "complaining" & start doing. Don't hear me wrong, I'm not preaching from on high. I'm just as guilty. I'm just tired of Christians looking down our noses at others that don't fit our mold of what a "good" person should be. The Bible says that "our righteousness is as filthy rags". That's all of us, not just those crazy rainbow people.

Lord, please help us to do honor to Your name, & not give anyone a reason, by looking at us, to say that's why I don't want to be a follower of Christ. May they see us, & want what we have!

So, as I leave for Dallas & what proves to be a wonderful week of rejuvenation. I challenge those of you that we leave behind. Go to Fallsville, or the neighbor's house, or the park, or Wal-Mart. Make a new friend & in doing so, SHARE THE LOVE OF CHRIST.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Amen and Amen!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Marshall said...

You are so right, we are all God's children. Who are we to judge. That will be left up to our Lord!

8:04 AM  
Blogger KathyH said...

By the way, you Texans are just full of it, aren't you?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home