Monday, December 10, 2007

Art, Ministry, Hope & some other stuff

Two Sundays ago we began our advent series "Do You Know The Who of Whoville". Whodathunk that this year is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Seuss' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". We've had a lot of fun with it. 

Before I introduce the following video I want to talk a bit about the quote I posted a few days ago. This whole "Whoville" thing we've adopted around here is, like I said, a lot of fun. However, we always have one goal in mind...to bring people into a relationship, or closer in their relationship, with Christ. THAT'S IT! The creative arts teams here at FBC are always striving to do everything with excellence. That said, with us artsy fartsy folks, the line can often become blurred between the "ART" and the "MINISTRY". We regularly have to take a spiritual check of where we are with Christ. It can never be about us!

Okay, 'nuf said on that. I wanted to post this video of a drama that we did two Sundays ago. 'Round here, each Sunday of advent has a theme. Dec. 2 was "Hope" Sunday. Knowing that many people during the holidays are feeling much more hopeless than hopeful, we decided to do a drama that hit the subject squarely between the eyes. Our drama director actually found this sketch on YouTube & just couldn't resist it. I agreed wholeheartedly. Every time I see it, I'm brought to tears. We took a risk with it's subject matter, but knew that this was a time that we didn't need to pull any punches. People are living it, we shouldn't skirt around it as if it's not reality. So, to preface, I had to do a bit of editing. The switcher that was used between camera's is a bit jerky. Also, there is a moment in the video when we used a strobe light. It's a bit challenging to make everything out, but I'm sure you'll get the idea. 

Here it is..."EVERYTHING"


Next post...PEACE...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

I hated being gone that week, so I'm so glad you posted the video. Even though I had seen it on YouTube,it still brought me to tears.

I'm still blown away sometimes when I think of how abundantly God has answered the prayer I started praying many years ago, that he would send us a music guy who would teach us how to really worship.

You not only brought us YOUR gifts, but you have identified and empowered so many others to use their gifts, too.

You and the creative arts teams have revolutionalized our church, and I am very grateful.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home