Thursday, December 20, 2007

Peace, Joy & Love

Man, was this post a challenge. It took me forever to get the videos posted. Technology seems to be like that sometimes. Oh well, three days later, perseverance wins!

So, here's a few more videos from this year's advent season. The first one was created by one of the talented guys on our audio-visual team. Our choir sang this song on PEACE Sunday. The band did a great job of staying with a click track to this video. It's not as easy as it sounds. They all did an incredible job. The song is from a new musical called "Adore Him". We didn't do the musical, just a couple of songs from it. This song, called "Heaven Came Down" was written by Tim Timmons. Enjoy!


Last week on Joy Sunday, we taught our congregation the Tim Hughes song "Joy is in This Place. We used the handjive from Grease to get our folks in the right mood. This video was taken at our rehearsal & I believe it speaks for itself. The bottom line...WE HAD A LOT OF FUN! This is one of the times when I thought it best to post & ask forgiveness later. 
I hope it brings you much joy!


Due to holiday stuff, Many of our choir members were gone. What do you think? Did they miss out or what?

Today was LOVE Sunday. We wrapped up our month of new songs with Tommy Walker's "Emmanuel". If you don't know it, I highly recommend purchasing it from i-tunes or your local music retailer. In my opinion, Tommy has written some of the most powerful (& challenging) songs in worship music today. As a songwriter, I continuously strive to be on his level. So far, I've enjoyed the journey. 

So, what did I learn today...ACCEPT GOD'S LOVE, LOVE HIM & prove it by LOVING OTHERS.

What are you waiting for?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Well, that was a HOOT!! I'm so glad you posted the rehearsal clip! NOW I know why I chose to take your girls home that night instead of staying for rehearsal! I would have laughed TOO hard, and you know what THAT means! (Inside joke.)

I loved the first clip, too, but I thought the choir sounded pretty good on it, especially since you sang the solo part...wondering why you didn't post US singing it.

And please consider posting "Emmanuel," ok? I personally think that sounded INCREDIBLE today!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ok, next time, warn us so we can behave properly for church!!!! That was so much fun, I think Russ finally "gets it" why I love choir and you guys so much!!! Totally great way to end the day, what a blast that night was.
Love ya!!!

10:15 PM  
Blogger laurajo said...

Oh, I am so thankful that I was on the team instead of in the choir. Spring, my family has really enjoyed your dancing. Izabell is asking me to play it again and again.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

That's what I get for letting my hair down, huh?!?!?!?! I see how it is.
I'll be on the look out from now on for anyone who even comes close to the video camera during rehearsal.
It was blast, though. And it just got better as we went from joyful praise to INCREDIBLE worship!

BTW,I will be giving dance lessons starting in January for anyone who is interested in learning the "sprinkler" and the "ride the pony"! LOL, I never said I wasn't a dork!

8:46 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Spring, I need sprinkler lessons!! I tried to do it for Joe when I was modeling the new boots I bought myself today (since all we got each other for Christmas was lightbulbs, no kidding--we're BAD shoppers), but I couldn't do it. I'd show him this clip but then he might not let me hang around with you guys anymore!!

Sorry I missed the worship time afterwards, though...it sounded incredible!!

9:00 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Oops, I guess my last post qualifies as crosstalk! Sorry, Mark!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Me said...

crosstalk all you want. I'm just glad the clip brought JOY to everyone!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home