Thursday, January 17, 2008

To Trust or Not To Trust...

...Apparently that is the question. Since posting the last two videos I've had more than a few people tell me that they were praying for me, or ask me what was wrong, or any number of other questions. Not knowing what the deal was, you can imagine I was a little concerned. As it seems, one of my statements during the prayer was taken a bit out of context. In case you missed it, here was the statement:

"Right now I'm just in that moment where I'm having trouble leaning completely & trusting".

As I often do in my corporate prayers, I was putting myself in the shoes of the many different people that come to worship with us. I always hope & pray that someone will hear my words & see them as their own. 

So, to put my dear loving friends at ease, I am not presently having trouble trusting in God. However, (you knew there was a "but" coming), I have been there & suspect will be again at some point. Today I have finished studying Leviticus & believe that God has been speaking one strong word to me throughout the study. That word is OBEDIENCE. There will come a time in all of our lives when our faith may waver a bit. It actually may waver a lot. But through it all, I've learned & am continuing to learn to, as the words of the great old hymn says..."TRUST & OBEY".

Are you the one that I was speaking for in my prayer? If so, know that we serve a GREAT God who will be right there waiting for you when you are ready to reach out fully to Him.

Blessing to you this day!  

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Yeah, I was one of the people who was worrying about you! You have the greatest faith of anyone I've ever known, an Abraham if I've ever seen one, so it freaked me out a little.

Now that I listen more closely to that prayer, it's very clear what you were doing, and I'm surprised I misunderstood!

Yeah, you'll have a test of faith someday (I've had 4 biggies in my life), but I would be wasting my time worrying about you, because I know you'll come out shining like gold when it happens.

11:34 AM  
Blogger laurajo said...

it's funny that i should read this right now, because i just finished watching Even Almighty. I was thinking about myself at the end when they were on the boat looking crazy because the rain was not coming. I wondered how easy it would be to lose faith when so many people are watching you and you are looking like a lunatic. i hope that no matter what happens, i will always have faith that God will do as He promised.

8:19 PM  
Blogger laurajo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

Well, I wasn't concerned when you said it Sunday, but I went back and watched the video and I could see where you could have been taken literally. So now I'm worried!

Not really, but I'm with ya. It's gonna happen sometimes, and when it does, we'll just give it to Him, just like you did, on Sunday, when you were totally NOT talking about yourself......

:)

1:38 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

{{{{Giggle}}}}

{{{Snort!}}}

Spring cracks me up, and you and Spring and Lisa together just about give me a heart attack from laughing so hard!!

That's all I have to say about that. (Can you tell I just watched Forest Gump again?)

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home