Friday, July 21, 2006

Beyond the first Gig

Well, we made it through our first gig. Barring a few minor issues everything went pretty well. We started the set with an amp that was on its last leg. It was going out on us throughout the entire soundcheck. However, I firmly believe that prayer works. At least it did in this case! To our amazement, the amp made it through the whole set. Who knows, God may have given it another year of life.

I can't tell you how much the devil has been trying to sabotage this new vision from the very beginning. But you know what, that just told me that something wonderful was going to happen, and I believe that it has! It looks like the bannerman mentality actually worked, if only in a small way. I was able to speak to a lady after the show who approached me about the band. We spoke for a short while about the music, but more importantly about the God that gave us the gift of music. Even though the conversation was short, she seemed very receptive. I haven't had a chance to talk with my other bandmates to see if anyone approached them. I'm convinced that God had her there for a reason, and that's what Beyond Walls is all about. I can't wait to do it again!

Ok, all spirituality aside. It was incredibly fun to play with such talented people. For the most part it seemed pretty effortless. That can only happen if you are playing with great players. Guys, if you're reading this...Goodonya! That's Australian for GREAT JOB!!! Like I said earlier, I can't wait to do it again!

4 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Thanks for downloading your thoughts!

I bet you're right that the amp thing was God--there was a lot of prayer going up about your first gig, you know!

And I think you're right that the devil tried his best to keep the whole vision you had from coming to pass. {Hey, you--LOSER!!!!}

And it DID look like you were having fun. I'm glad! You have so much creativity that you needed another outlet for part of it!

And the main thing is, YOU GLORIFIED GOD, which is the only thing that REALLY matters, huh?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Why are you so surprised that prayer works? He always hears, but you may not always get the answer right away or even the answer you want. It's not like opening a stubborn tailgate on a truck where you have to "hold your mouth just right and yank this way"... it's God. He's always working especially while we are waiting.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Thanks Jacob! Overall, I think God took care of us. However, there are always issues that need to be tackled at the next gig. I'm just ready to do an outdoors gig that's not 110 degrees! Keep the comments coming!

7:03 AM  
Blogger KathyH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home