Monday, July 31, 2006

Interactive Worship?

I discovered a great new product at the IWI that I will hopefully be using at some point. The problem is, it's REALLY expensive. Well, not really for what it is, but still, it's REALLY expensive for my budget. The name of the company as well as the product, is Interactive Worship Live. It's essentially computer based tracks that the band can play along with. It's used in real time so you can loop verses, choruses or whatever, as many times as you want. For those of you that know me, I do like my freedom! Anyhow, I have created loops in the past that we have used, but it simply takes way too much time to create them. I really like the idea of paying someone else to do it.

The other issue is the never ending battle between PC's & Mac's. Let me remind you that Macs always win hands down! I wasted an hour this afternoon trying to get the demo they sent me to work on my PC laptop. It never would work without chopping the music to smithereens. Is that how you spell it? Anyway, I'm about halfway towards purchasing my new Macbook, and let me tell you, it won't come soon enough. Truth be told, I could always use another lesson in patience.

Hey, here's a deep thought...Interactive Worship? Isn't that what it should be? On many different levels? Okay, I've given you a topic...talk amongst yourselves.

I leave you with a great Mac vs. PC commercial. Ciao!

5 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Funny commercial!

Interesting that you posted about the Mac, because today I've really had that on my heart, and I've been seriously praying that God would give you the rest of the money for that very soon! He's very good at that, you know!

12:06 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

P.S. We like your freedom, too!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Bring it Julie!! :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I agree with Julie on the interactive worship thing. In corporate worship we can be as interactive as we wanna be just because of the nature of it all. I do think that interactive worship will come from the inside out of each person and no amount of techological stuff will replace that. I do also think there is a place for the techonological stuff because some people need more help than others finding their way to the throne room. For example, people who come to church unprepared for any type of worship at all...they need a little more help. Some people place the very act of worship solely on the leaders because it gives them an excuse to be lazy. So, I guess the big question is if you are prepared for worship or not.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I'm not sure we all got this one. "Interactive Worship Live" is simply another tool in our tool box to reach people. As a musical worship leader, I'm always looking for new "tools" to make it "Sound" better. Technology just makes it more fun...or frustrating. It all depends on how you look at it. Ciao!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home