Sunday, September 10, 2006

N.O.W. is WOW (cheesy)

This afternoon we had our first Night of Worship rehearsal. For those of you that don't have a clue what I'm talking about, this is our BIG event for the year. Some churches put on Christmas cantatas or Easter pageants. N.O.W. is our pageant, with one major difference. This is an event that is meant to be a time for the church to come together and do one thing...WORSHIP! Does that mean that we won't have sets, costumes, etc, etc... Nope, we pull out all the stops for this event. However, it's all with the mindset of offering our best to our Savior Jesus Christ!

I'm really excited about what God has in store for us this year. The theme, if you will, is the church of Acts 2. God has really been working amongst our people as of late to get more involved in our community. This is exactly what Acts 2 is about...COMMUNITY!

So, in a nutshell, I think we're off to a great start. I can't wait to see what will unfold in the weeks & months to come.

In case anyone is wondering & you are in the area of FBC, this year's N.O.W. will be Nov 18th @ 6:00.

4 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

Yeah, we just started rehearsals, and it's already a HUGE blessing to me!! Standing on the risers at practice today and singing Revelation Song was HEAVENLY!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

OK, I've listened to all the NOW music now, and NOW really IS WOW!All the music is awesome!!

This morning I'm totally stuck on "God Is Here," possibly because of the awesome memory I have of singing that in the IWI mass choir. I think that's going to replace "Revelation Song" as my favorite!

Dang, Mark! Every single one of those songs is incredible!!

By the way, I think you and Lisa should sing "Here and Now" as a duet.

It's going to be the best NOW ever!! I'm glad Annette gets to come this year! I need to see her--she said she came back from IHOP totally ruined. Sounds interesting.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Spring said...

I am with you, Kathy. I have been listening to our NOW music and Oh my goodness! We are all just gonna be blown away! I have been up since 4:30 this morning thinking about it, praying and singing(not aloud of course). My only concern at this point is if I'm going to be able to hold it together enough to sing! I can't wait!!!!!!Wahoo!!!!!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I may not outwardly show it, I am being hugely blessed by being obedient and joining choir and the kids and I are singing the songs around the house and I just love it. Thanks for the opportunity.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home