Thursday, January 25, 2007

PULSE #2 - DRIVE





Worship determines our actions, becoming the driving force for all we do.
-Louie Giglio

True or False? Worship is the #1 responsibility of every believer everywhere. Let's go even one step further. Worshipping the Lord is your first and foremost priority. Feel free to pause a moment & reflect. WOW! How intense is that. You mean to tell me that EVERYTHING I do should be worship. Yes Margaret, that's exactly what I'm saying. Let's just hope that our worship is pointed in the right direction.

Do you know why this is sooooo hard? One word...Selfishness. We're selfish. How can we be expected to take our eyes off of us long enough to focus on anything else, much less the creator of the universe & oh yeah, me. Remember, we were created to worship!

Psalm 148: 1-13

1 Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord from the heavens!
Praise him from the skies!
2 Praise him, all his angels!
Praise him, all the armies of heaven!
3 Praise him, sun and moon!
Praise him, all you twinkling stars!
4 Praise him, skies above!
Praise him, vapors high above the clouds!
5 Let every created thing give praise to the Lord,
for he issued his command, and they came into being.
6 He set them in place forever and ever.
His decree will never be revoked.

7 Praise the Lord from the earth,
you creatures of the ocean depths,
8 fire and hail, snow and clouds,
wind and weather that obey him,
9 mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,
10 wild animals and all livestock,
small scurrying animals and birds,
11 kings of the earth and all people,
rulers and judges of the earth,
12 young men and young women,
old men and children.

13 Let them all praise the name of the Lord.
For his name is very great;
his glory towers over the earth and heaven!


Can you see it? Do you get it? All things were created to worship Him, at all times. Here's another question for you. Out of all of God's creation, who has the superior brain...yet, seems to create more problems than anything else? Was that ever a loaded question. Of course the answer is US! You see, we have a little thing that the average Oak tree doesn't have. It's called FREE WILL. My sincere apologies to all you tree huggers out there. We will talk ourselves out of worshipping our Creator. All the while, the rest of creation is singing His praises. Some days, wouldn't you rather just be a piece of bark? I guess that's another topic all together.

Okay, here's the point. Worship isn't about you. It's about Him. We worship as a gift to our Heavenly Father who deserves all we can give Him. Let everything you do be for Him; waking up, going to work/class, brushing your teeth. As a good friend once put it, "tying my shoelaces causes me to worship", because I know that He created the molecules that make up that shoelace. GOOD STUFF!

So, we've established the why & when of worship...because He is all deserving, at all times. What is the one thing for you that is the death of true worship? Wrestle with that for a while. For me, it is wrapped up in one, two syllable word...ROUTINE. As many of you know, as a musician, I'm a bit of an anomaly. I'm organized. Often times, you could set your clock by when I'll be at a certain place doing a certain thing. It's pathetic really. but nevertheless it's the joy that is me. My routine can become so, well, routine, that I don't take the time to give credit where credit is due. Because I'm a visual person, it helps me to put things in my path that will cause me to go vertical to God. Find out what your stumbling block is. Then, do something about it.

Worship, ultimately, should be THE priority in our lives.

What drives you to a deeper encounter with God?

Discover that & discover Him!


Until next time...


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KathyH said...

My thoughts in order (you're not the only organized one, and I refuse to believe it's pathetic)--

1. Who is Margaret? (Probably a movie I missed.)

2. I don’t think it’s fair that you should be BOTH left-brained AND right-brained (organized AND creative).

3. Umm, is it ok to admit that I have NEVER ONCE wanted to be a piece of bark? Does that make me MORE or LESS spiritual?

4. I wish God would let me hear grass and rocks and trees praise him sometime.
Seriously. I believe they DO it, I'd just like to HEAR it. Just once.

5. Shoelaces have never led me to worship, but a worm did once. It looked kinda like a shoelace.

6. To answer the last question, our small group drives me to a closer encounter with God. I love you for that.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Spring said...

I am really sorry I missed it. Sounds like a good one. I thrive on drive, so I would have gotten a lot out of it. Good thing I have the study guide, I guess.

Kathy, you crack me up, you are too cute!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What drives me to a deeper encounter with God? When I get up in the middle of the night (which is each night, at least once, btw)and walk down the hall a listen to the quiet babies sleeping, covering them up, praying over them while they sleep. Life-struggles drive me to a deeper encounter because when there's no one around, when I am utterly alone, I am NOT utterly alone. . . He's there. Triumph and victory so incredibly sweet that it makes honey seem bitter drives me deeper wondering why HE would want to bless someone like me.

My life isn't very exciting. One might even say that I spend most of my time in a rut. However, in the mundane is time to reflect on the Lord. Funny how it's easier to pray without ceasing when my hands automatically fold clothes or wash dishes almost without my knowledge. In any organization is God. He's a God of order and precision. I am learning to re-work my house because God has reminded me that He likes order. He created order and is creative also. My aunt is the same anomaly as you are, but I am learning to be the same also. Drive...good one.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home