Thursday, February 01, 2007

In this corner...

Apparently, the good people down here in Arkansas go crazy when a little wintry precipitation hits the ground. All of our Wednesday night activities at the church were cancelled last night due to the 1 1/2" of snowfall. I know, I know, it was the safe thing to do. I guess it's because of my childhood years in Wyoming, but going crazy over an inch and a half of snow isn't on my radar. We didn't cancel anything unless you had at least 3 feet of the white stuff. Man am I going to have some great stories for my grand kids. Anyway, enough about that.

Today I received an e-mail from my buddy Shaun. Yes, it was a mass e-mail, but communication nonetheless. As good friends do, I thought I'd join his quest. Here's what it said:

"I¹m a bit competitive I admit.

When the folks in charge at MyFreeMusicFriday.com told me that Amy Grant was
their most downloaded artist ever, well, I kinda said I wanted to see if we
could top that...ok, I said we WOULD top that. And by ³we² I meant you and
me, our big mouths and our collective technological prowess.

********************
TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 2, 2007, my new song ³MISS TEXAS² can be downloaded for
FREE - no strings attached - at MYFREEMUSICFRIDAY.COM.
********************

It¹s on. In this corner, industry veteran and superstar with zillions of
names in a database being zinged emails by a manager or an intern or
children in a factory in Malaysia...you don't know. And in this corner, a
guy with a blog and a Myspace page and you...and your myspace page and your
blog and your address book.

I¹m seriously wondering how close we can come to beating Amy Grant¹s record
setting performance at MyFreeMusicFriday.com.

It¹s an experiment. Wanna play? Just alert your myspace friends about
tomorrow¹s free music giveaway and ask them to do the same. Post about it
on your blog. Send an e-mail or two to the music lovers you know.

If you¹re on the radio, please tell your listeners MyFreeMuscFriday.com is
the place to get new music for free, no strings attached - and radio folks
can also e-mail me for a copy of ³Miss Texas² to play on-air if you¹d like
to let your audience hear what they can download for nothing tomorrow.

Can you and I even get close to competing with Amy Freakin¹ Grant¹s massive
popularity and fanmail list?

The suspense is thick isn¹t it folks?

Thanks for your help."

-Shaun


Can we help him...YES WE CAN! Wow, that sounded CHEESY! Consider it a favor for a friend. You can check out Shaun's blog..."Shlog" on my sidebar. Yes, it's fixed now.

Come on Shaun. Keep moving and watch out for that right hook. I'm sure Vince has taught her a thing or two.

CIAO!

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Having trouble posting comments?

Of course, if you are, you wouldn't be able to comment.

This is a test of the emergency blogging system.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Spring said...

Yes, there was a little trouble yesterday, seems to be all better now. No big deal, just had some quip to say about having a hard time concentrating on the subject material after the little comment about Malaysian children working in factories.

3:06 PM  
Blogger KathyH said...

Huh?

I don't have a clue what Spring is talking about.

But YES, once I was blind, but now I see. I mean, once I couldn't comment, but now I can.

Did you speak healing over it somehow or what?

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark. Non-mass-communication coming soon. I promise.

-Shaun

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.
[url=http://burberry-outlet-cheap.blogspot.com/]burberry outlet[/url] burberry-outlet-cheap.blogspot.com
[url=http://burberryoutletfree.blogspot.com/]burberry outlet[/url] burberryoutletfree.blogspot.com
[url=http://classic-short-ugg-boots-5825.blogspot.com/]ugg boots 5825[/url] classic-short-ugg-boots-5825.blogspot.com
The wealth of the mind is the only wealth.
replica louis vuitton outlet replica-louis-vuitton-outlet.blogspot.com
burberry outlet burberryoutletnew.blogspot.com

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home